As a light and fresh style of Muscat, we serve Scion Muscat Nouveau chilled.
Our Muscat is also great mixed in cocktails. Here are some recipes you might like to try at home with our Muscat Nouveau (or Rose Muscat from previous vintages would also do the trick).
SCION MUSCAT SPRITZ
The beauty of this cocktail is its simplicity, which means the varietal flavours of the Muscat still shine through. The lime's acidity cuts through the natural sweetness. Refreshing!
90ml Scion Muscat Nouveau per serve
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice
- Add Muscat Nouveau and juice of a quarter of a lime (or to taste)
- Top with soda water
- Add a couple of extra slices of lime to garnish
Play with a ratio of approx. 90ml Prosecco to 60ml Muscat Nouveau to 30ml soda water. The rose water flavours linger beautifully in the background!
MUSCAT & STRAWBERRY FIZZ
With some beautiful strawberry farms on our doorstep in North East Victoria, we were inspired by the classic combination of rose water and strawberry for this cocktail. It's easiest to make this cocktail as a batch - this recipe makes about 6 cocktails.
1 x 500ml bottle of Scion Muscat Nouveau
2 tsp caster sugar
- Hull any larger strawberries and reserve 6 for garnishing
- Macerate strawberries in sugar
- Blitz Muscat Nouveau and strawberries in blender
- Strain mix through sieve (optional) and serve over ice cubes
- Top with a splash of soda water and garnish with a beautiful strawberry
Monster Kitchen & Bar at Canberra's Hotel Hotel kindly supplied this recipe, which their bartender created for a Rutherglen Muscat Mixology event at their venue. If you don't have any apricot liqueur hanging around in your cupboard, we suggest just adding an extra splash of Muscat Nouveau.
30ml Scion Muscat Nouveau
20ml apricot liqueur (Monster recommends Vedrenne brand)
15ml freshly pressed lemon juice
prosecco for topping up
basil sprig for garnish
- Pour first four ingredients into a white wine glass
- Fill with ice
- Top up with Prosecco
- Garnish with fresh basil